Save Space and Money
Records storage can eat up needed space. With the lease cost of office space, record storage may not be the best use of your space. Thinking you need a bigger office? You may not need to move — just open up more space in your existing office. Developing an electronic filing system can also save on the office expenses such as file cabinets, drawers etc.
Electronic Filing Systems versus Paper Based Record Storage Systems
The average filing cabinet takes up approximately 6 square feet. Look at the number of filing cabinets you have and see if that’s the way you want to utilize your cost per square foot lease space. Add in the cost of filing cabinets at an average price of $220 and that “free” records storage system doesn’t look so free anymore.
Some Benefits of Electronic Filing Systems are:
- Saves time spent looking for files (they will be available on your desktop)
- Prevents lost or stolen files
- Create peace of mind knowing that all files are backed up
- Saves time spent re-filing
- Allows multiple employees to retrieve the same document at the same time
- Electronically filed documents are accepted by all legal standards
- Saves time because files can be emailed or faxed directly